Sunday, June 26, 2011

Where does the time go?

Wow! I can't believe it has been almost a year since I last updated! What the heck has been going on? Well, the biggest and most important thing is the arrival of the newest member of our family! Rachel Addison Petrik!

She was 7lbs 8oz. and I can't remember how long. She is just over three months now, and just smiles and coos and tries to talk to you. That is if shes not crying to be fed! In other news, I had a recent stay in the hospital. I woke up one morning to the beating of my heart at 160 bpm. It was Thursday, June 9th. So my brother in law rushed me to the ER, where they tried all kinds of things to slow it down. Even to the point of stopping my heart, TWO times! They were finally able to get it to slow down, and by 11:30 that night they had it slowed down and I was able to come off the IV meds. They kept me overnight, and the next morning the Dr. came in and said I could go home that afternoon! Yea! So by 4:30 I was home with new meds to control my heart rate! But by 9:00 that night, it started to go up again, and once again my brother in law rushed me to the hospital. So I got to spend the rest of Friday and Saturday morning in the ER again! I was admitted in the hospital again, and new meds were tried! This time they kept me in for a few days! I was finally able to come home on Tuesday the 14th! So far so good! My body is taking its time adjusting to the new meds though. I'm always tired and get worn easily. The Dr. said it would take about 4-6 weeks for me to adjust, but then I should be as good as new! I'm glad for that! Well, goodbye for now!

No comments: